Women's Hair Loss - About You
Female hair loss is an increasing problem in society today. It is particularly devastating for women, as hair is a major source of beauty and self esteem.
Hair loss can be a gradual thinning on the top and sides or an abnormal amount of shedding from the entire scalp. Also commonly seen are bald patches and breakage, to the less common hair shaft disorders and fungus.
Since hair loss can indicate serious systemic problems, each case must be carefully considered, and attention given to as many aspects of the problem as possible during consultation.
The causes of hair loss for women are many:
- Thyroid diseases
- Glucose intolerance
- Auto-immune diseases
- Hormone imbalances
- Reaction to medication
- Nutritional imbalances
- Psychological / physical Stress
- Exposure to chemicals
Some hair loss conditions are permanent, where the follicles die and scarring occurs.
The Crown Clinic offers a range of solutions for women, including:
- Cosmetic Concealers – to camouflage the problem
- Voluma Hair Additions – our most successful option for women guaranteed to restore a full head of hair.
- Hair Transplantation – offers a permanent solution and is a surgical procedure performed by our highly respected surgeon
- Medications – supplements, herbal alternatives and medications approved by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) are available.
As female hair loss is not straight forward to diagnose, you may need to book a Trichology consultation before pursuing any treatment options. View our Trichology page or talk to our Trichologist about the cause of and best possible treatment for your hair loss.
Call now to book your Free Hair Health Check – phone 02 9252 0262.